The fourth incarnation of Sony’s bestselling video game console hit store shelves back in November, but Sir Michael Rocks is still glued to his Playstation 1.5. That doesn’t exist, you say? Well, this new single (featured along with visuals by Roberto Mario) is all about using your will to reshape reality à la The Matrix. Over a woozy, self-produced beat, the Cool Kids rhymesayer tells listeners, “You can be The One if you just challenge your perception.” Banco, Michael’s debut solo set, is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, July 29. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the Booth for more fresh singles.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Submit your Rating
One Off Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bat Phone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.