The fourth incarnation of Sony’s bestselling video game console hit store shelves back in November, but Sir Michael Rocks is still glued to his Playstation 1.5. That doesn’t exist, you say? Well, this new single (featured along with visuals by Roberto Mario) is all about using your will to reshape reality à la The Matrix. Over a woozy, self-produced beat, the Cool Kids rhymesayer tells listeners, “You can be The One if you just challenge your perception.” Banco, Michael’s debut solo set, is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, July 29. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the Booth for more fresh singles.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Submit your Rating
One Off Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bat Phone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.