A player Sir Michael Rocks may be, but there’s one woman he always seems to come running back to. On the final single/video off his latest street album, the Cool Kids rhymesayer pays loving tribute to Miss Jane, the girl who keeps him in high (literally) spirits through life’s up and downs. While love songs to ganja may not be the newest trick in the rap handbook, Rocks tackles the concept with more wit and subtlety than your average kush enthusiast, lacing Tye Hill and Big Tim‘s dreamy synth grooves with tender double-entendres: “Surround you with everything that I got because / can’t trust the cops, gotta watch the fuzz.” Assisting on the guest tip, the Windy City’s own Jeremih ties the record together with a characteristically silky, ear-pleasing chorus. If this blunted rap ballad leaves you craving another hit (or 15), grab a copy of his Premier Politics LP, released to the ‘net late last year. That tape’s predecessor, The Rocks Report, is still available for streaming and download in the Booth. Additionally, readers who are in town for SXSW will be able to see Sir Michael rock the stage as part of our very own March 17 showcase.
Written by richard on 02/15/12
Submit your Rating
One Off Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bat Phone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)