Crazy as it may sound, it’s already been a year since Michael Jackson‘s untimely death on June 25, 2009. Appropriately then, Booth newcomer Sir Aah kicks his debut set’s lead single off with a dedication to the late King of Pop and a sample from an early demo of Beat It. After the reverent intro, And the Beat Rocks On… shapeshifts into a sex/club jam that has little connection to MJ, but, hey, it’s the thought that counts – and what ensues is pretty damned dope in it’s own right. Backed by Sureet‘s Bollywood-infused production, The Real Punjabi MC joins forces with one-half of lyrical supergroup (and his label bosses) Slaughterhouse; Motown street vet Royce Da 5’9” and Long Beach underground mainstay Crooked I lace the record’s latter two-thirds with a characteristically on-point mix of braggadocio and game-spitting. Does Beat Rocks On leave you craving more? You’ll be able to find plenty more lyrical fire and globetrotting beats on the up-and-comer’s forthcoming LP, scheduled to hit record stores August 10. In addition, watch out for this track’s official video accompaniment, also set to drop in August.
Written by richard on 06/24/10
Tax Free Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.