If you see SIN rolling through the South Florida streets this summer, don’t be surprised if what you hear banging from his sound system isn’t hip-hop, but the classic country stylings of Johnny Cash. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the unsigned buzzmaker’s latest single is a head-noddable homage to the Man in Black—not so much in sound, but certainly in attitude. Over Dr. LaFlow‘s jazzy loops, SIN channels a little bit of the legend’s indomitable coolness as he chronicles his ascent from underdog to underground heavyweight. The project to which this joint is attached currently lacks a title and drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Update: We have added the Bryce D. Chapnick-directed visuals for SIN’s Johnny Cash record.
Written by richard on 07/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Miami" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.