If you see SIN rolling through the South Florida streets this summer, don’t be surprised if what you hear banging from his sound system isn’t hip-hop, but the classic country stylings of Johnny Cash. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the unsigned buzzmaker’s latest single is a head-noddable homage to the Man in Black—not so much in sound, but certainly in attitude. Over Dr. LaFlow‘s jazzy loops, SIN channels a little bit of the legend’s indomitable coolness as he chronicles his ascent from underdog to underground heavyweight. The project to which this joint is attached currently lacks a title and drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Update: We have added the Bryce D. Chapnick-directed visuals for SIN’s Johnny Cash record.
Written by richard on 07/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Miami" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.