If you see SIN rolling through the South Florida streets this summer, don’t be surprised if what you hear banging from his sound system isn’t hip-hop, but the classic country stylings of Johnny Cash. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the unsigned buzzmaker’s latest single is a head-noddable homage to the Man in Black—not so much in sound, but certainly in attitude. Over Dr. LaFlow‘s jazzy loops, SIN channels a little bit of the legend’s indomitable coolness as he chronicles his ascent from underdog to underground heavyweight. The project to which this joint is attached currently lacks a title and drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Update: We have added the Bryce D. Chapnick-directed visuals for SIN’s Johnny Cash record.
Written by richard on 07/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Miami" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.