If you see SIN rolling through the South Florida streets this summer, don’t be surprised if what you hear banging from his sound system isn’t hip-hop, but the classic country stylings of Johnny Cash. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the unsigned buzzmaker’s latest single is a head-noddable homage to the Man in Black—not so much in sound, but certainly in attitude. Over Dr. LaFlow‘s jazzy loops, SIN channels a little bit of the legend’s indomitable coolness as he chronicles his ascent from underdog to underground heavyweight. The project to which this joint is attached currently lacks a title and drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Update: We have added the Bryce D. Chapnick-directed visuals for SIN’s Johnny Cash record.
Written by richard on 07/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"In Miami" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.