If you’re anything like me, you spent quite a few hours of your childhood building thriving virtual metropolises, getting annoyed at their relentlessly demanding residents, and then wiping them off the face of the Earth in the Sim City or one of its numerous sequels. What does that have to do with D.C. emcee SmCity and his Booth debut, you may ask? Well, aside from the name, nothing – it was just an awkward segue. Anyway, on mixtape track Surrender (Win Is in the Bag), the up-and-comer lets listeners know just how sure he is about his prospects for success – and, judging by his aggressively-flowed, polysyllabic rhyme-packed verses, his confidence is more than warranted. DJ MarcNfinit backs the emcee’s lyrical fire with some fittingly high-impact boardwork, pairing vocal/brass samples with booming, cymbal-driven percussion. SmCity’s engaging brand of swagger-drenched underground lyricism is sure to make him a winner in the Booth. Will it be enough to take him to the top of the music game? Readers can get a better idea on Oct. 13, when his The Indie Life mixtape his the ‘net.
Written by richard on 10/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thin Air [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)