Artists, if you are going to submit something to the Booth, make sure it’s the final product. You (and we, for that matter) want your stuff to be Booth-ready from the get-go. Take Silent Knight’s latest effort, for example. Though it might be titled Work in Progress, rest assured, this cut couldn’t be more complete. Actually it’s Silent, the person, who is a Work In Progress. The Brooklyn emcee gets introspective on his latest single, presenting a very human portrayal of himself over Madwreck‘s pensive, wandering beat. In a crisp, laid-back flow, Knight reflects on his shortcomings, as well as sharing a few pearls of wisdom he’s accumulated over the years. If this authentic cut has piqued your interest, more awaits on Silent’s latest album, Busy Is My Best Friend II, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"D A M A G E" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.