Artists, if you are going to submit something to the Booth, make sure it’s the final product. You (and we, for that matter) want your stuff to be Booth-ready from the get-go. Take Silent Knight’s latest effort, for example. Though it might be titled Work in Progress, rest assured, this cut couldn’t be more complete. Actually it’s Silent, the person, who is a Work In Progress. The Brooklyn emcee gets introspective on his latest single, presenting a very human portrayal of himself over Madwreck‘s pensive, wandering beat. In a crisp, laid-back flow, Knight reflects on his shortcomings, as well as sharing a few pearls of wisdom he’s accumulated over the years. If this authentic cut has piqued your interest, more awaits on Silent’s latest album, Busy Is My Best Friend II, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"D A M A G E" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.