As anyone who’s, say, endured an extended period of unemployment is well aware, too much downtime does dangerous things to your mindstate – and, if you’re bluesing to begin with, idleness never fails to drive you deeper into a slump. On his latest single and first Booth feature as a headliner, Jersey repper Silent Knight makes the wise observation that, when life gets you down, Stayin’ Busy is often the best medicine. The Audible Doctor looks to indie artist Feist for inspiration, flipping the singer/songwriter’s soulful Limit to Your Love into a dreamy but determined backdrop for Knight’s verses, in which he eloquently defends his tendency to put in overtime in pursuit of his dreams: “We buildin’, so grind mode is reality; a state of mind, an ele-mentality / You say you want it, OK, well, how badly? I’ll be honest, it’s not a phase or a fad to me.” Sure to ring true to anyone “trying to see a vision through to the fullest extent,” this cut is just one of many hard-hustling joints on Silent Knight’s Busy Is My Best Friend mixtape, scheduled to hit the ‘net February 15.
Listen to More: Silent Knight
Written by richard on 02/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"D A M A G E" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.