As anyone who’s, say, endured an extended period of unemployment is well aware, too much downtime does dangerous things to your mindstate – and, if you’re bluesing to begin with, idleness never fails to drive you deeper into a slump. On his latest single and first Booth feature as a headliner, Jersey repper Silent Knight makes the wise observation that, when life gets you down, Stayin’ Busy is often the best medicine. The Audible Doctor looks to indie artist Feist for inspiration, flipping the singer/songwriter’s soulful Limit to Your Love into a dreamy but determined backdrop for Knight’s verses, in which he eloquently defends his tendency to put in overtime in pursuit of his dreams: “We buildin’, so grind mode is reality; a state of mind, an ele-mentality / You say you want it, OK, well, how badly? I’ll be honest, it’s not a phase or a fad to me.” Sure to ring true to anyone “trying to see a vision through to the fullest extent,” this cut is just one of many hard-hustling joints on Silent Knight’s Busy Is My Best Friend mixtape, scheduled to hit the ‘net February 15.
Written by richard on 02/7/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"D A M A G E" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)