To paraphrase the Wu Tang Clan‘s early-‘90s clasic, cash rules everything around us. As such, filling in a box next to the name of your favorite candidate can only do so much to change the social and economic circumstances that dictate the course of our lives. On his latest single, Ballot of the Wallet, Silent Knight suggests a change of focus from the voting booth to the real seat of political power: our pocketbooks. Madwreck handles production, crafting a head-noddable, bass-led groove as the Garden State representative urges us to pay a little more attention to where our paper’s going, and ultimately use our purchasing power to turn the tables on the powers that be. For this politically-charged jam and much more, pick up a copy of Knight’s next album, Busy Is My Best Friend II, when it drops digitally in spring of next year.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"D A M A G E" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.