Sikai’s latest effort, off of his forthcoming project release, is entitled Falling Star even though the Stamford, Connecticut emcee is anything but a descending virtuoso. In fact, I think its safe to
say write he is quite the opposite; a rising star. Producer T. Armani uses Florence and The Machine’s Cosmic Love as the basis of the vibrant production, speeding up the vocals and adding a crisp drumbeat spliced with a heavenly chiming effect. Sik doesn’t squander the exceptional boardwork, contributing a speedy flow in which each word rolls right into the next. Sikai’s raspier flow is complemented by the higher-pitched, always refreshing approach of longtime Booth fave XV. The Kid with the Green Backpack finishes off the festivities with the charismatic flow that has made him a regular Booth visitor. Sikai’s Painkilling: 1500mg will be available next week on KevinNottingham.com.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/1/13
Submit your Rating
Painkilling Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let Go" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)