Liking bad music isn’t a dealbreaker, but if you want me To Love You (as I am sure you all desperately want), you have to love hip-hop with a live instrumental twist. Lucky for you (or me), nearly everybody loves it, thus everybody will love Booth newcomers Sidewalk Chalk. On this jazzy number, making its world premiere on our front page, the Chicago-based group showcases its range, power, and energy. Considering the depth and layers of Fox & The Mule‘s production, which draws from rock, jazz, soul, R&B and, of course, hip-hop, you won’t be surprised to find out that it’s the work of an eight-member ensemble. Two of the eight are Rico Sisney and Maggie Vagle. Maggie is the one with the powerful, yet emotional vocals and Rico is the emcee who uses his energetic flow to draw the hip-hop heads into this experimental jam. To Love You will be featured on Sidewalk Chalk’s Leaves LP, which is due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.