Liking bad music isn’t a dealbreaker, but if you want me To Love You (as I am sure you all desperately want), you have to love hip-hop with a live instrumental twist. Lucky for you (or me), nearly everybody loves it, thus everybody will love Booth newcomers Sidewalk Chalk. On this jazzy number, making its world premiere on our front page, the Chicago-based group showcases its range, power, and energy. Considering the depth and layers of Fox & The Mule‘s production, which draws from rock, jazz, soul, R&B and, of course, hip-hop, you won’t be surprised to find out that it’s the work of an eight-member ensemble. Two of the eight are Rico Sisney and Maggie Vagle. Maggie is the one with the powerful, yet emotional vocals and Rico is the emcee who uses his energetic flow to draw the hip-hop heads into this experimental jam. To Love You will be featured on Sidewalk Chalk’s Leaves LP, which is due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.