The mercury may be rising, but Sid Sriram‘s still shivering on the inside. Why? As the singer, songwriter and producer puts it on the lead single off his next EP, making its world premiere on our front page, he’s got a “Winter Mind.” (In layman’s terms, that’s a chronically heavy heart.) As usual, the Bay Area native mans the mixing boards as well as the mic, chronicling his struggle against his melancholy disposition over a self-produced blend of methodical percussion, icy keys and vocoded bass. This lush, atmospheric jam is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Before Dusk, the DJBooth-hosted first half of his West Coast Nightfall EP series. Watch for the project to hit our front page April 17, for free streaming and digital download.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Sid’s Doom & Gloom-directed Winter Mind visual.
Written by richard on 04/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.