Chitown repper Shye may sound laid-back, but don’t be fooled; he puts The Maximum effort into everything he does, from smoking weed, to collecting paper, to recording fresh cuts for a new project. Thus, it’s no surprise that the emcee had a few tracks left over after recording his latest mixtape. Here, a hazy instrumental by Tye Hill sets the stage for bars packed with nostalgic reminiscences and blunted braggadocio. Though this joint, as mentioned above, won’t be included on the set, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to their liking on Lavish Dreams x Addictions, due out July 26.
Written by richard on 07/6/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.