Chitown repper Shye may sound laid-back, but don’t be fooled; he puts The Maximum effort into everything he does, from smoking weed, to collecting paper, to recording fresh cuts for a new project. Thus, it’s no surprise that the emcee had a few tracks left over after recording his latest mixtape. Here, a hazy instrumental by Tye Hill sets the stage for bars packed with nostalgic reminiscences and blunted braggadocio. Though this joint, as mentioned above, won’t be included on the set, those digging it will undoubtedly find more to their liking on Lavish Dreams x Addictions, due out July 26.
Written by richard on 07/6/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.