Close your eyes – wait, scratch that, keep them open and keep reading this. But while you’re reading, use your mind’s eye to picture Chitown newcomer Shye smokin’ as he rolls down the street in his immaculate whip. Or, hell, if you’re lacking in the imagination department, just press “play” and stare at the rapper’s promo photo for three minutes – the important thing is that you take a listen to Picture Me. This laid-back banger, the latest single off Shye’s Lavish Dreams & Addictions street album, is predominantly concerned with the former; over the dreamy electronic boardwork of Chemist, Shye asks his girl to sit back and envision the success that in his future – from the “coupe with the doors up,” to the name-brand fashions, to the afternoons of Rozay-soaked poolside relaxation. On the middle, Sir Michael Rocks (who recently released his Rocks Report mixtape for in the Booth) acts as the voice of reason, encouraging Shye to think beyond the confines of rank materialism. Whether you relate to the headliner’s dreams of fame and fortune or agree with the Cool Kids frontman’s rejoinder, more fresh meditations on the grind await on the artist’s new mixtape, due out next month.
Written by richard on 05/25/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.