The quote, “the early bird gets the worm,” might just be the most hustler-friendly quote known to man so it should come as no surprise that Windy City emcee Shye has chosen Early Bird as the title for his latest release. Although we haven’t heard from Shye since last July’s Global, the rapper has still managed to become somewhat of a Booth favorite. Throughout Early Bird Shye proves how heavily he’s been on grind, touching on the bold move he made to Vegas and Cali and making dough without having a 9 to 5, as he raps, “Shout out to the women who hustle hard/ Wonder what they gon’ say when I pull out this muscle car/ Never had a job but I’m swiping this credit card.” Producer ADot keeps the production on the record fairly light with a simplistic blend of various synths. Lookout for more tunes from the Chicago spitter as we near closer to the release of his forthcoming album, Burning, Learning, & Earning.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/14/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.