The quote, “the early bird gets the worm,” might just be the most hustler-friendly quote known to man so it should come as no surprise that Windy City emcee Shye has chosen Early Bird as the title for his latest release. Although we haven’t heard from Shye since last July’s Global, the rapper has still managed to become somewhat of a Booth favorite. Throughout Early Bird Shye proves how heavily he’s been on grind, touching on the bold move he made to Vegas and Cali and making dough without having a 9 to 5, as he raps, “Shout out to the women who hustle hard/ Wonder what they gon’ say when I pull out this muscle car/ Never had a job but I’m swiping this credit card.” Producer ADot keeps the production on the record fairly light with a simplistic blend of various synths. Lookout for more tunes from the Chicago spitter as we near closer to the release of his forthcoming album, Burning, Learning, & Earning.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/14/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.