Deny it if you want to, but I think it’s safe to say that we’ve all had at least one Love Is Overrated moment and Malibu spitter Shwayze doesn’t shy away from putting his moment on wax with his first DJBooth feature in over a year. Just moments into Love Is Overrated it becomes clear that the single doesn’t plan to take on the gloom and doom tone of your usual “love sucks” record. It’s upbeat, it’s bust-a-move worthy, heck, it even makes you want to dislike love just for the hell of it. Oh, and if you suddenly feel the urge to break out the Sega Genesis or your throwback NES it’s likely because of producer Paul Couture, whose video game inspired synths are scattered throughout the record. Love Is Overrated serves as merely an appetizer, a queso and tortilla chips if you will, to the Malibu repper’s forthcoming new EP, out November 6.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Letter" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.