Deny it if you want to, but I think it’s safe to say that we’ve all had at least one Love Is Overrated moment and Malibu spitter Shwayze doesn’t shy away from putting his moment on wax with his first DJBooth feature in over a year. Just moments into Love Is Overrated it becomes clear that the single doesn’t plan to take on the gloom and doom tone of your usual “love sucks” record. It’s upbeat, it’s bust-a-move worthy, heck, it even makes you want to dislike love just for the hell of it. Oh, and if you suddenly feel the urge to break out the Sega Genesis or your throwback NES it’s likely because of producer Paul Couture, whose video game inspired synths are scattered throughout the record. Love Is Overrated serves as merely an appetizer, a queso and tortilla chips if you will, to the Malibu repper’s forthcoming new EP, out November 6.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Letter" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)