On his last featured cut, Shwayze stated his preference for jump-offs over relationships, declaring, “I ain’t lookin’ for love, man. / I don’t need it.” Fast-forward eight months, and he’s changed his tune regarding his aversion to commitment; it’s not that he doesn’t want to be faithful to one girl, it’s that he can’t. Album standout All I Know finds the Malibu repper addressing an ex whose heart he broke. Over the bubblegum-pop boardwork of producer Slimmy Neutron, he expresses contrition for his actions, but insists that he could never leave his current freewheeling lifestyle behind. Philly rhymesayer Tayyib Ali echoes the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Has this breezy, bittersweet cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on senior set Shwayze Summer, out as of July 16.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Letter" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)