On his last featured cut, Shwayze stated his preference for jump-offs over relationships, declaring, “I ain’t lookin’ for love, man. / I don’t need it.” Fast-forward eight months, and he’s changed his tune regarding his aversion to commitment; it’s not that he doesn’t want to be faithful to one girl, it’s that he can’t. Album standout All I Know finds the Malibu repper addressing an ex whose heart he broke. Over the bubblegum-pop boardwork of producer Slimmy Neutron, he expresses contrition for his actions, but insists that he could never leave his current freewheeling lifestyle behind. Philly rhymesayer Tayyib Ali echoes the headliner’s sentiments on the guest tip. Has this breezy, bittersweet cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on senior set Shwayze Summer, out as of July 16.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Letter" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.