Fans of Blu’s lyrically-driven style were (judging from the Booth reviews) caught a little off-guard by his last album, York, which found him exploring electronic sounds. Those fans need not be scared, though, as the artist is back to his old tricks on Shuko’s latest feature, Be Yourself. The producer cooks up a vibrant, infectious beat that provides an ideal platform for Blu’s colorful flow. The Cali native uses said flow to spit a few inspirational bars which, combined with the lively instrumental, will have you feeling good no matter how crappy your day might have been before listening. So, are you a fan of Be Yourself? More awaits on Shuko’s The Awakening EP, available now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.