Fans of Blu’s lyrically-driven style were (judging from the Booth reviews) caught a little off-guard by his last album, York, which found him exploring electronic sounds. Those fans need not be scared, though, as the artist is back to his old tricks on Shuko’s latest feature, Be Yourself. The producer cooks up a vibrant, infectious beat that provides an ideal platform for Blu’s colorful flow. The Cali native uses said flow to spit a few inspirational bars which, combined with the lively instrumental, will have you feeling good no matter how crappy your day might have been before listening. So, are you a fan of Be Yourself? More awaits on Shuko’s The Awakening EP, available now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.