Fans of Blu’s lyrically-driven style were (judging from the Booth reviews) caught a little off-guard by his last album, York, which found him exploring electronic sounds. Those fans need not be scared, though, as the artist is back to his old tricks on Shuko’s latest feature, Be Yourself. The producer cooks up a vibrant, infectious beat that provides an ideal platform for Blu’s colorful flow. The Cali native uses said flow to spit a few inspirational bars which, combined with the lively instrumental, will have you feeling good no matter how crappy your day might have been before listening. So, are you a fan of Be Yourself? More awaits on Shuko’s The Awakening EP, available now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.