Renowned Toronto emcee D-Sisive and beatsmith MMac may not be rolling in bucks at the moment, but Tyler Perry’s gonna make them millionaires… he just doesn’t know it yet. At the very least, having the name of the most powerful black man in cinema attached to their debut single will certainly win SH*T! clicks from curious heads—which seems to be the point. Newly-released promo cut Tyler Perry’s SH*T! is an unhinged, allusive lyrical free-for-all. D-Sisive kicks the record off with the attention-grabbing opening couplet, “I tried commitin’ suicide while listenin’ to Macklemore / But I was too fat to hang from the chandelore,” and it only gets more bugged out from there. Over his partner’s slow-rolling percussion and staccato keys, the emcee shows off his extensive pop-cultural knowledge, turning everything from David Lee Roth’s Panama to the photography of Richard Avedon into material for off-the-wall punchlines. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on SH*T!‘s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/18/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.