Renowned Toronto emcee D-Sisive and beatsmith MMac may not be rolling in bucks at the moment, but Tyler Perry’s gonna make them millionaires… he just doesn’t know it yet. At the very least, having the name of the most powerful black man in cinema attached to their debut single will certainly win SH*T! clicks from curious heads—which seems to be the point. Newly-released promo cut Tyler Perry’s SH*T! is an unhinged, allusive lyrical free-for-all. D-Sisive kicks the record off with the attention-grabbing opening couplet, “I tried commitin’ suicide while listenin’ to Macklemore / But I was too fat to hang from the chandelore,” and it only gets more bugged out from there. Over his partner’s slow-rolling percussion and staccato keys, the emcee shows off his extensive pop-cultural knowledge, turning everything from David Lee Roth’s Panama to the photography of Richard Avedon into material for off-the-wall punchlines. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on SH*T!‘s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/18/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.