Renowned Toronto emcee D-Sisive and beatsmith MMac may not be rolling in bucks at the moment, but Tyler Perry’s gonna make them millionaires… he just doesn’t know it yet. At the very least, having the name of the most powerful black man in cinema attached to their debut single will certainly win SH*T! clicks from curious heads—which seems to be the point. Newly-released promo cut Tyler Perry’s SH*T! is an unhinged, allusive lyrical free-for-all. D-Sisive kicks the record off with the attention-grabbing opening couplet, “I tried commitin’ suicide while listenin’ to Macklemore / But I was too fat to hang from the chandelore,” and it only gets more bugged out from there. Over his partner’s slow-rolling percussion and staccato keys, the emcee shows off his extensive pop-cultural knowledge, turning everything from David Lee Roth’s Panama to the photography of Richard Avedon into material for off-the-wall punchlines. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on SH*T!‘s plans as further details emerge.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.