I was only alive for the last two years of the ‘80s (and I don’t remember much), but I can safely say that, had it dropped during that decade, ShowYouSuck’s Make-Out King would have been bigger than ankle warmers and Pac-Man. The high-energy synth that drives The Hood Internet & Javelin‘s tubular beat makes the record sound like something straight out of The Breakfast Club. Atop the totally rad production, ShowYouSuck showcases a raspy, yet charismatic flow. Keeping in line with the ‘80s vibe, he peppers his bars with references to Journey, pagers and, of course, makeout parties. Make-Out King and the artist’s other ‘80s-inspired cut, 80’s Boobs will appear on his Dude Bro EP, dropping later this month via Closed Sessions.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.