I was only alive for the last two years of the ‘80s (and I don’t remember much), but I can safely say that, had it dropped during that decade, ShowYouSuck’s Make-Out King would have been bigger than ankle warmers and Pac-Man. The high-energy synth that drives The Hood Internet & Javelin‘s tubular beat makes the record sound like something straight out of The Breakfast Club. Atop the totally rad production, ShowYouSuck showcases a raspy, yet charismatic flow. Keeping in line with the ‘80s vibe, he peppers his bars with references to Journey, pagers and, of course, makeout parties. Make-Out King and the artist’s other ‘80s-inspired cut, 80’s Boobs will appear on his Dude Bro EP, dropping later this month via Closed Sessions.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.