I was only alive for the last two years of the ‘80s (and I don’t remember much), but I can safely say that, had it dropped during that decade, ShowYouSuck’s Make-Out King would have been bigger than ankle warmers and Pac-Man. The high-energy synth that drives The Hood Internet & Javelin‘s tubular beat makes the record sound like something straight out of The Breakfast Club. Atop the totally rad production, ShowYouSuck showcases a raspy, yet charismatic flow. Keeping in line with the ‘80s vibe, he peppers his bars with references to Journey, pagers and, of course, makeout parties. Make-Out King and the artist’s other ‘80s-inspired cut, 80’s Boobs will appear on his Dude Bro EP, dropping later this month via Closed Sessions.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.