I was only alive for the last two years of the ‘80s (and I don’t remember much), but I can safely say that, had it dropped during that decade, ShowYouSuck’s Make-Out King would have been bigger than ankle warmers and Pac-Man. The high-energy synth that drives The Hood Internet & Javelin‘s tubular beat makes the record sound like something straight out of The Breakfast Club. Atop the totally rad production, ShowYouSuck showcases a raspy, yet charismatic flow. Keeping in line with the ‘80s vibe, he peppers his bars with references to Journey, pagers and, of course, makeout parties. Make-Out King and the artist’s other ‘80s-inspired cut, 80’s Boobs will appear on his Dude Bro EP, dropping later this month via Closed Sessions.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)