I was only alive for the last two years of the ‘80s (and I don’t remember much), but I can safely say that, had it dropped during that decade, ShowYouSuck’s Make-Out King would have been bigger than ankle warmers and Pac-Man. The high-energy synth that drives The Hood Internet & Javelin‘s tubular beat makes the record sound like something straight out of The Breakfast Club. Atop the totally rad production, ShowYouSuck showcases a raspy, yet charismatic flow. Keeping in line with the ‘80s vibe, he peppers his bars with references to Journey, pagers and, of course, makeout parties. Make-Out King and the artist’s other ‘80s-inspired cut, 80’s Boobs will appear on his Dude Bro EP, dropping later this month via Closed Sessions.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/13/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.