Update: We have added the Addison Wright-directed visuals for ShowYouSuck’s 80’s Boobs single.
Like many ‘80s babies, Chi-town emcee ShowYouSuck spent a sizable chunk of his adolescence, uh, “studying” the topless scenes in cinema classics like 16 Candles, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Blue Lagoon. So it’s high praise when, on his latest EP single, he tells a woman in his life, “You got boobs from an 80’s Movie.” J. Arthur mans the mixing boards on this quirky cut, crafting a hazy synth beat to accompany SYS as he endeavors to get the girl in question out of her top. Though his rhymes are most definitely on point, the lack of ambiance may be his downfall—as he reveals in the spoken-word outro (delivered through a Tyler, the Creator-esque vocal filter), he still lives in his mom’s basement. For ‘80s Boobs and much more, cop ShowYouSuck’s Dude Bro EP on November 26, when it drops independently via Closed Sessions.
Written by richard on 02/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.