Update: We have added the Addison Wright-directed visuals for ShowYouSuck’s 80’s Boobs single.
Like many ‘80s babies, Chi-town emcee ShowYouSuck spent a sizable chunk of his adolescence, uh, “studying” the topless scenes in cinema classics like 16 Candles, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Blue Lagoon. So it’s high praise when, on his latest EP single, he tells a woman in his life, “You got boobs from an 80’s Movie.” J. Arthur mans the mixing boards on this quirky cut, crafting a hazy synth beat to accompany SYS as he endeavors to get the girl in question out of her top. Though his rhymes are most definitely on point, the lack of ambiance may be his downfall—as he reveals in the spoken-word outro (delivered through a Tyler, the Creator-esque vocal filter), he still lives in his mom’s basement. For ‘80s Boobs and much more, cop ShowYouSuck’s Dude Bro EP on November 26, when it drops independently via Closed Sessions.
Written by richard on 02/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.