Update: We have added the Addison Wright-directed visuals for ShowYouSuck’s 80’s Boobs single.
Like many ‘80s babies, Chi-town emcee ShowYouSuck spent a sizable chunk of his adolescence, uh, “studying” the topless scenes in cinema classics like 16 Candles, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Blue Lagoon. So it’s high praise when, on his latest EP single, he tells a woman in his life, “You got boobs from an 80’s Movie.” J. Arthur mans the mixing boards on this quirky cut, crafting a hazy synth beat to accompany SYS as he endeavors to get the girl in question out of her top. Though his rhymes are most definitely on point, the lack of ambiance may be his downfall—as he reveals in the spoken-word outro (delivered through a Tyler, the Creator-esque vocal filter), he still lives in his mom’s basement. For ‘80s Boobs and much more, cop ShowYouSuck’s Dude Bro EP on November 26, when it drops independently via Closed Sessions.
Written by richard on 02/1/14
Windy City rhymesayer ShowYouSuck has unleashed his latest collection of original material, the Dude Bro EP. The artist's first retail release, the project packs a total of six tracks from the One Man Pizza Party auteur....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.