Those who watched the U.S. men’s national basketball team dominate the Olympics this past summer, might have wondered if this was the greatest team ever assembled. If you fall into that category, though, you were likely born after 1992, because as Booth newcomer Shostoppa (and pretty much any other rationally thinking basketball fan) will tell you, the 92 Dream Team, with Michael, Larry, Magic and Charles Barkley was truly the G.O.A.T. On his latest effort, the H-Town native pays homage to the legendary squad both in song title and lyrics. Stoppa slam dunks a funky, twangy self-produced beat, with a unique flow and many-a creative lyric referring to the team (“I’ll snatch your woman then smash your woman then pass your woman like Magic Johnson.”). Is Shostoppa’s debut good enough for the gold? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to scope out his forthcoming album, theYSLep (Young Successful & Living), set for a late April release.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/24/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.