A buzzmaking producer and engineer hailing from Oakland, California, Matt “Shortcircles” Tamariello is preparing to release his debut studio album (the follow-up to a pair of 2012 EPs) via Plug Research. As a taste of what listeners can look forward to on the project, the Booth newcomer has liberated On My Mind, a standout cut created in collaboration with Bay Area singer Sarah K. Melfy. The headliner’s boardwork is an exercises in ear-pleasing minimalism; a dry, syncopated percussion rhythm ticks away in the background, accented by shifting layers of airy synths, harp and reversed strings. Melfy’s ethereal vocals prove a natural fit for the record’s vibe, adding a touch of melody without monopolizing aural space. For this blissfully mellow cut and much more, check out Shortcircles’ Between Waves LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, June 18.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
Plug Research Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.