A buzzmaking producer and engineer hailing from Oakland, California, Matt “Shortcircles” Tamariello is preparing to release his debut studio album (the follow-up to a pair of 2012 EPs) via Plug Research. As a taste of what listeners can look forward to on the project, the Booth newcomer has liberated On My Mind, a standout cut created in collaboration with Bay Area singer Sarah K. Melfy. The headliner’s boardwork is an exercises in ear-pleasing minimalism; a dry, syncopated percussion rhythm ticks away in the background, accented by shifting layers of airy synths, harp and reversed strings. Melfy’s ethereal vocals prove a natural fit for the record’s vibe, adding a touch of melody without monopolizing aural space. For this blissfully mellow cut and much more, check out Shortcircles’ Between Waves LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, June 18.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
Plug Research Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.