A buzzmaking producer and engineer hailing from Oakland, California, Matt “Shortcircles” Tamariello is preparing to release his debut studio album (the follow-up to a pair of 2012 EPs) via Plug Research. As a taste of what listeners can look forward to on the project, the Booth newcomer has liberated On My Mind, a standout cut created in collaboration with Bay Area singer Sarah K. Melfy. The headliner’s boardwork is an exercises in ear-pleasing minimalism; a dry, syncopated percussion rhythm ticks away in the background, accented by shifting layers of airy synths, harp and reversed strings. Melfy’s ethereal vocals prove a natural fit for the record’s vibe, adding a touch of melody without monopolizing aural space. For this blissfully mellow cut and much more, check out Shortcircles’ Between Waves LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, June 18.
Written by richard on 05/9/13
Submit your Rating
Plug Research Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.