In contrast to the upbeat vibe of Shontelligence singles T-Shirt and Stuck with Each Other, Shontelle‘s sophomore set is shaping up to be a considerably darker affair. Fresh off the (somewhat delayed) success of cathartic lead single Impossible, the Bajan singer continues in a similar vein on the follow-up, confessing that, though her relationship’s become the Perfect Nightmare, she can’t muster up the courage to walk away. Darkchild mans the boards here, cooking up a pulse-pounding mix of dancefloor-ready synths and moody piano chords as Shontelle expresses her frustration in emotion-drenched verses. As on Impossible, the artist keeps things simple on the lyrical side, painting a somewhat ambiguous picture of love gone sour, but the emphasis on expressiveness over detail only makes the record easier to relate to – could Shontelle have another hit on her hands? We report, you decide, Booth readers. If you’re digging it, you can expect more fresh vocal performances and sizzling beats where this came from on No Gravity scheduled to drop September 21, via SRP/SRC/Universal Motown.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.