During the eight long years I’ve been a part of the music business I’ve heard DJs receive blame for a countless array of things (bad music selection, terrible mixing, an inability to read the dance floor), many of which stemmed from a serious lack of talent. Today, I heard something new. According to Barbadian beauty Shontelle, whose current single Perfect Nightmare is sitting at #14 on our Top R&B chart, the “DJ Made Me Do It” excuse is now a perfectly usable defense when trying to explain your whereabouts from the night before. Over American Boy-esque production from The Smeezingtons, the Bruno Mars-led trio who crafted Cee-Lo’s enjoyable obscene F**k You single, Shontelle and her SRC labelmate Asher Roth explain why pointing the finger at the DJ Booth is totally rational. While catchy in song form, we at the Booth aren’t quite sure that this justification could actually work in the real life. If you give it a try, let us know how it goes. In the mean time, pick up a copy of Shontelle’s sophomore effort, No Gravity, out Tuesday, November 21.
Written by DJ Z on 09/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.