Fresh off her highly rated single I Just Wanna, Slip-n-Slide Records’ up-and-coming songstress, Shonie, is back to prove she’s ready for the spotlight with Lights, Camera, Action. As she said in her recent In The Mix interview, Shonie lists old-school singers like Betty Wright and Lauryn Hill among her heroes and the influence shows in her powerfully smooth delivery and empowered woman lyrics. Thanks in no small part to some aptly golden production from Midus, the track is Shonie’s most radio ready record to date. If this song is any indication, Shonie should prepare to see a significant increase in the amount of flashing lights following her in the near future. Fans who have fallen in love with Shonie will have to wait until early next year to pick up a copy of her debut album Passionate…Pieces of Me.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/09
Submit your Rating
Slick Salt/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Let Go ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.