Fresh off her highly rated single I Just Wanna, Slip-n-Slide Records’ up-and-coming songstress, Shonie, is back to prove she’s ready for the spotlight with Lights, Camera, Action. As she said in her recent In The Mix interview, Shonie lists old-school singers like Betty Wright and Lauryn Hill among her heroes and the influence shows in her powerfully smooth delivery and empowered woman lyrics. Thanks in no small part to some aptly golden production from Midus, the track is Shonie’s most radio ready record to date. If this song is any indication, Shonie should prepare to see a significant increase in the amount of flashing lights following her in the near future. Fans who have fallen in love with Shonie will have to wait until early next year to pick up a copy of her debut album Passionate…Pieces of Me.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/09
Submit your Rating
Slick Salt/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Let Go ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.