Slip-N-Slide Records has gained a reputation for turning unknown acts into superstars, as evidenced by the success of Trick Daddy, Trina, Rick Ross, and Plies. Enter the label’s newest signee, NYC-turned-Miami resident Shonie, who has been getting her hustle on as a feature artist (see Single Again) and songwriter and is currently ready to set the R&B world on fire with the summer ‘09 release of her self-titled debut. On her new single, Shonie is so deeply in love with her man that she finds herself becoming uncharacteristically clingy; despite how many times she tries to stop, she just Can’t Let Go of him. Featuring a guest verse from arguably the best R&B-track guest verse rapper in the game (Fabolous) and production work from Bent, Can’t Let Go might sound different from previous SNS Records hits, but the results should be the same.
Written by Burmy on 12/2/08
Submit your Rating
Slick Salt/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Just Wanna" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.