Shonie‘s debut single (and first Booth feature) found the Slip-N-Slide up-and-comer at her most vulnerable, struggling over the decision of whether or not to leave a man who’s done her wrong time and time again. On potential follow-up selection I Just Wanna, it’s revealed that the rising R&B starlet did ultimately find the strength to leave that fella (played by Fabolous), and she’s wasted no time in sparking a promising new romance. Showcasing her sultry vocal stylings over Jim Jonsin‘s downtempo harp/electric-guitar instrumental, Shonie trades verses with the Booth’s favorite MPD-sufferer; in addition to stepping up to the mic for a sung guest verse, B.o.B (or Bobby Ray—it’s getting hard to tell which is which) delivers some call-and-response backing vocals on the hook, and his drawled come-ons sound right at home over Jonsin’s humid boardwork. Shonie’s debut studio album, Passionate…Pieces of Me has yet to receive a solid release date, but this steamy track may well have the appeal to change that. In the meantime, though, fans should be sure and check out the singer’s recent, Booth-exclusive “In the Mix” interview.
Written by richard on 07/19/09
Submit your Rating
Slick Salt/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Let Go ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.