Shonie‘s debut single (and first Booth feature) found the Slip-N-Slide up-and-comer at her most vulnerable, struggling over the decision of whether or not to leave a man who’s done her wrong time and time again. On potential follow-up selection I Just Wanna, it’s revealed that the rising R&B starlet did ultimately find the strength to leave that fella (played by Fabolous), and she’s wasted no time in sparking a promising new romance. Showcasing her sultry vocal stylings over Jim Jonsin‘s downtempo harp/electric-guitar instrumental, Shonie trades verses with the Booth’s favorite MPD-sufferer; in addition to stepping up to the mic for a sung guest verse, B.o.B (or Bobby Ray—it’s getting hard to tell which is which) delivers some call-and-response backing vocals on the hook, and his drawled come-ons sound right at home over Jonsin’s humid boardwork. Shonie’s debut studio album, Passionate…Pieces of Me has yet to receive a solid release date, but this steamy track may well have the appeal to change that. In the meantime, though, fans should be sure and check out the singer’s recent, Booth-exclusive “In the Mix” interview.
Written by richard on 07/19/09
Slick Salt/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Let Go ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.