Shonie‘s debut single (and first Booth feature) found the Slip-N-Slide up-and-comer at her most vulnerable, struggling over the decision of whether or not to leave a man who’s done her wrong time and time again. On potential follow-up selection I Just Wanna, it’s revealed that the rising R&B starlet did ultimately find the strength to leave that fella (played by Fabolous), and she’s wasted no time in sparking a promising new romance. Showcasing her sultry vocal stylings over Jim Jonsin‘s downtempo harp/electric-guitar instrumental, Shonie trades verses with the Booth’s favorite MPD-sufferer; in addition to stepping up to the mic for a sung guest verse, B.o.B (or Bobby Ray—it’s getting hard to tell which is which) delivers some call-and-response backing vocals on the hook, and his drawled come-ons sound right at home over Jonsin’s humid boardwork. Shonie’s debut studio album, Passionate…Pieces of Me has yet to receive a solid release date, but this steamy track may well have the appeal to change that. In the meantime, though, fans should be sure and check out the singer’s recent, Booth-exclusive “In the Mix” interview.
Written by richard on 07/19/09
Submit your Rating
Slick Salt/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Let Go ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)