As a guy who couldn’t find his way out of a paper bag without precise, written instructions, I can sympathize with Slip-n-Slide/Def Jam singer Shonie‘s plight on her latest single, which finds her making a simple request of a new love interest: “Please give me directions to your Bedroom.” Aside from the thematic emphasis on navigation, this cut is exactly what you’d expect from an R&B cut with its title – the smooth, piano-led boardwork of producer J. Millz, along with Shonie’s delicately cooed come-ons, add up to a track that won’t disappoint those seeking a steamy soundtrack for future romantic encounters. Will this seductive slow-jam stir up enough excitement to finally get the singer’s debut set, Passionate Pieces of Me, onto store shelves? I’ll let you speculate. In the meantime, fans who haven’t yet should be sure to check out the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Pieces Revealed EP, as well as her exclusive “In the Mix” interview.
Written by richard on 04/21/10
Submit your Rating
Slick Salt/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Let Go ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)