As a guy who couldn’t find his way out of a paper bag without precise, written instructions, I can sympathize with Slip-n-Slide/Def Jam singer Shonie‘s plight on her latest single, which finds her making a simple request of a new love interest: “Please give me directions to your Bedroom.” Aside from the thematic emphasis on navigation, this cut is exactly what you’d expect from an R&B cut with its title – the smooth, piano-led boardwork of producer J. Millz, along with Shonie’s delicately cooed come-ons, add up to a track that won’t disappoint those seeking a steamy soundtrack for future romantic encounters. Will this seductive slow-jam stir up enough excitement to finally get the singer’s debut set, Passionate Pieces of Me, onto store shelves? I’ll let you speculate. In the meantime, fans who haven’t yet should be sure to check out the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Pieces Revealed EP, as well as her exclusive “In the Mix” interview.
Listen to More: Shonie
Written by richard on 04/21/10
Slick Salt/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Let Go ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.