As a guy who couldn’t find his way out of a paper bag without precise, written instructions, I can sympathize with Slip-n-Slide/Def Jam singer Shonie‘s plight on her latest single, which finds her making a simple request of a new love interest: “Please give me directions to your Bedroom.” Aside from the thematic emphasis on navigation, this cut is exactly what you’d expect from an R&B cut with its title – the smooth, piano-led boardwork of producer J. Millz, along with Shonie’s delicately cooed come-ons, add up to a track that won’t disappoint those seeking a steamy soundtrack for future romantic encounters. Will this seductive slow-jam stir up enough excitement to finally get the singer’s debut set, Passionate Pieces of Me, onto store shelves? I’ll let you speculate. In the meantime, fans who haven’t yet should be sure to check out the artist’s DJBooth-hosted Pieces Revealed EP, as well as her exclusive “In the Mix” interview.
Written by richard on 04/21/10
Submit your Rating
Slick Salt/Slip-N-Slide/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Let Go ft. Fabolous" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.