Shome‘s first Booth feature, November 2011’s Positive Vibes, saw him struggling to stay optimistic while dealing with the ups and downs of the hustle. Two years and change later, the New Orleans representative makes his grand re-entrance into the Booth with Get It All, a fresh EP single which is significantly darker in tone than his debut, but showcases the same determination to succeed. 183rd keeps it mellow and hazy on the production tip, layering moody synths over a downtempo rhythm section as the emcee updates us on his hustle and coolly brushes off the competition. Director Anthony Supreme‘s official visuals underscore the cut’s chilly, stripped-down vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on forthcoming EP The Balancing Act, scheduled for digital release on Wednesday, January 15.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.