Shome‘s first Booth feature, November 2011’s Positive Vibes, saw him struggling to stay optimistic while dealing with the ups and downs of the hustle. Two years and change later, the New Orleans representative makes his grand re-entrance into the Booth with Get It All, a fresh EP single which is significantly darker in tone than his debut, but showcases the same determination to succeed. 183rd keeps it mellow and hazy on the production tip, layering moody synths over a downtempo rhythm section as the emcee updates us on his hustle and coolly brushes off the competition. Director Anthony Supreme‘s official visuals underscore the cut’s chilly, stripped-down vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on forthcoming EP The Balancing Act, scheduled for digital release on Wednesday, January 15.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)