Shome‘s first Booth feature, November 2011’s Positive Vibes, saw him struggling to stay optimistic while dealing with the ups and downs of the hustle. Two years and change later, the New Orleans representative makes his grand re-entrance into the Booth with Get It All, a fresh EP single which is significantly darker in tone than his debut, but showcases the same determination to succeed. 183rd keeps it mellow and hazy on the production tip, layering moody synths over a downtempo rhythm section as the emcee updates us on his hustle and coolly brushes off the competition. Director Anthony Supreme‘s official visuals underscore the cut’s chilly, stripped-down vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on forthcoming EP The Balancing Act, scheduled for digital release on Wednesday, January 15.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.