Shome‘s first Booth feature, November 2011’s Positive Vibes, saw him struggling to stay optimistic while dealing with the ups and downs of the hustle. Two years and change later, the New Orleans representative makes his grand re-entrance into the Booth with Get It All, a fresh EP single which is significantly darker in tone than his debut, but showcases the same determination to succeed. 183rd keeps it mellow and hazy on the production tip, layering moody synths over a downtempo rhythm section as the emcee updates us on his hustle and coolly brushes off the competition. Director Anthony Supreme‘s official visuals underscore the cut’s chilly, stripped-down vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on forthcoming EP The Balancing Act, scheduled for digital release on Wednesday, January 15.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.