Shome‘s first Booth feature, November 2011’s Positive Vibes, saw him struggling to stay optimistic while dealing with the ups and downs of the hustle. Two years and change later, the New Orleans representative makes his grand re-entrance into the Booth with Get It All, a fresh EP single which is significantly darker in tone than his debut, but showcases the same determination to succeed. 183rd keeps it mellow and hazy on the production tip, layering moody synths over a downtempo rhythm section as the emcee updates us on his hustle and coolly brushes off the competition. Director Anthony Supreme‘s official visuals underscore the cut’s chilly, stripped-down vibe. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on forthcoming EP The Balancing Act, scheduled for digital release on Wednesday, January 15.
Written by richard on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.