A 21-year-old beatsmith hailing from the City of Angels, Shlohmo introduces his distinctive sound to listeners in the Booth with a fresh single selection off his forthcoming EP. Fueled by the producer’s off-kilter percussion and impressionistic washes of synth/guitar noise, Don’t Say No features the plaintive guest vocals of Cologne, Germany-based alt-R&B buzzmaker (and first-time featuree) How to Dress Well. Has this ramshackle, emotionally-charged ballad piqued your interest? More fresh sounds await on Shlohmo’s Laid Out EP, scheduled for release Tuesday, March 5, via Friends of Friends/WEDIDIT.
Friends of Friends/WEDIDIT
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bo Peep (Do U Right)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.