A 21-year-old beatsmith hailing from the City of Angels, Shlohmo introduces his distinctive sound to listeners in the Booth with a fresh single selection off his forthcoming EP. Fueled by the producer’s off-kilter percussion and impressionistic washes of synth/guitar noise, Don’t Say No features the plaintive guest vocals of Cologne, Germany-based alt-R&B buzzmaker (and first-time featuree) How to Dress Well. Has this ramshackle, emotionally-charged ballad piqued your interest? More fresh sounds await on Shlohmo’s Laid Out EP, scheduled for release Tuesday, March 5, via Friends of Friends/WEDIDIT.
Written by richard on 02/19/13
Friends of Friends/WEDIDIT
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bo Peep (Do U Right)" (2013)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.