A 21-year-old beatsmith hailing from the City of Angels, Shlohmo introduces his distinctive sound to listeners in the Booth with a fresh single selection off his forthcoming EP. Fueled by the producer’s off-kilter percussion and impressionistic washes of synth/guitar noise, Don’t Say No features the plaintive guest vocals of Cologne, Germany-based alt-R&B buzzmaker (and first-time featuree) How to Dress Well. Has this ramshackle, emotionally-charged ballad piqued your interest? More fresh sounds await on Shlohmo’s Laid Out EP, scheduled for release Tuesday, March 5, via Friends of Friends/WEDIDIT.
Written by richard on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
Friends of Friends/WEDIDIT
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bo Peep (Do U Right)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.