A 21-year-old beatsmith hailing from the City of Angels, Shlohmo introduces his distinctive sound to listeners in the Booth with a fresh single selection off his forthcoming EP. Fueled by the producer’s off-kilter percussion and impressionistic washes of synth/guitar noise, Don’t Say No features the plaintive guest vocals of Cologne, Germany-based alt-R&B buzzmaker (and first-time featuree) How to Dress Well. Has this ramshackle, emotionally-charged ballad piqued your interest? More fresh sounds await on Shlohmo’s Laid Out EP, scheduled for release Tuesday, March 5, via Friends of Friends/WEDIDIT.
Written by richard on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
Friends of Friends/WEDIDIT
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bo Peep (Do U Right)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)