Formerly known as T.Shirt, the Queens representative who earned reader acclaim for No One Left and Butterfly Collar has traded in his old stage name for the more concise SHIRT. On freshly-minted single Automatic, the emcee adopts a bold and direct rhyme style to match his new moniker. Supreme Breed‘s stark reverb-drenched sample work backs the rapper as he describes the whirlwind of sex, drugs and international touring that was his last six months. SHIRT directs the record’s official visuals, pieced together from photos taken over the course of his travels. Automatic is slated to appear on a forthcoming project, details on which have yet to be revealed. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 04/3/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come Home With Me " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.