Recently signed to Steve Rifkind’s SRC Records (home to Akon & David Banner among others), Baltimore native Shiré (pronounced sha-ray) is putting the finishing touches on her major-label debut album, Pickin’ Up da Pieces. Before that comes, however, she independently brings us the “album before the album,” Baltimore’s Daughter. The song Don’t Deserve Me has Shire belting out sultry alto vocals about being fed up with her man; so fed up she is leaving him. Rough breakups are something most females understand; a deeply rich voice is what separates Shire’s tail from most other songs of the same topic.
Listen to More: Shiré
Written by Burmy on 11/12/07
Family Ties/Hot City Music/SRC/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Used To Lovher" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.