It’s always amazing to hear the references artists make when throwing down on a track. From Wayne’s ridiculous pop culture references to Asher Roth’s 90’s nostalgia, I thought that I’d heard just about all of it. I was wrong. With ShimEBango’s first Booth feature comes Al Bundy, a standout cut from his latest EP that also shares its name with Ed O’Neils classic character from backintheday sitcom Married…With Children. For those old enough to catch the references don’t let the title fool you: BangO comes out swinging with a heavy-hitting single and equally funny lines. Equally impressive is the boardwork from Chanes, who also manages to produce the entirety of the recently released project, and the additional rhyme work from Guilty Simpson. If you feel like Bango and rap go together like a horse and carriage, be sure to download his The Bridgecard EP, which dropped August 31.
Written by Sigurd on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.