It’s always amazing to hear the references artists make when throwing down on a track. From Wayne’s ridiculous pop culture references to Asher Roth’s 90’s nostalgia, I thought that I’d heard just about all of it. I was wrong. With ShimEBango’s first Booth feature comes Al Bundy, a standout cut from his latest EP that also shares its name with Ed O’Neils classic character from backintheday sitcom Married…With Children. For those old enough to catch the references don’t let the title fool you: BangO comes out swinging with a heavy-hitting single and equally funny lines. Equally impressive is the boardwork from Chanes, who also manages to produce the entirety of the recently released project, and the additional rhyme work from Guilty Simpson. If you feel like Bango and rap go together like a horse and carriage, be sure to download his The Bridgecard EP, which dropped August 31.
Written by Sigurd on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.