East Coast vet Sheek Louch may keep it street, but when it’s Time 2 Get Paid you’d better believe he can craft a smash hit—from silky-smooth ladies’ jams to club bangers sure to have partiers dancing the whole night through, he can do it all! Though the D-Block emcee’s opening verse on this new single finds him angling for TRL success (wait, wasn’t that taken off the air a while ago?), he’s quick to clarify that he won’t be straying from his roots: “I’m a thug, I ain’t really tryin’ to be R. Kell;” True his name, Cozmo delivers an infectiously spacey instrumental that, despite the sci-fi synths, still boasts an old-school edge, and leaves the spotlight on Louch’s seasoned flow. This record might not get heavy rotation on MTV (last I checked, they hardly even air music videos anymore), but its lyrically-driven appeal should please the emcee’s devotees, and, of course, put some extra cash in his pocket. Fans can find Time 2 Get Paid on the emcee’s latest LP, Life On D Block (set to drop next Tuesday, the 19th). No Security, Sheek, Jadakiss, and Styles P.‘s first LP under the D-Block name, is currently set to drop June 2nd.
Listen to More: Sheek Louch
Written by richard on 05/12/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Down South ft. Sheek Louch & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)