Sometimes I reminisce on the days when Big Tigger hosted Rap City. The show that was an homage to everything hip-hop, from breaking artists to established stars, a far cry from today’s shows about groupies who “marry” athletes. But if Rap City were still around, I know they’d have the good sense to play Sheek Louch’s new single, Party After 2, featuring the D-Blocker’s fellow Def Jam signee and Birthday Sex inventor Jeremih. On the beat Phonix provides an uptempo, sample-driven cut with harmonious pianos, on which Jeremih builds a very mellow, lush and catchy chorus and bridge. Longtime Sheek fans will certainly be reminded of 2008’s Good Love, although here Mr. Louch gives the song a more relaxed feel, telling the story of a luxurious after-party and, of course, the after-after-party. We’re a long way from his last Booth offering, This Is Hip-Hop, but the man’s been nothing if not versatile for years. You can rest assured that Sheek will be throwing one hell of a late night party on December 14, when the release of his upcoming album Donnie G will hopefully provide reason to celebrate.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Down South ft. Sheek Louch & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.