Sometimes I reminisce on the days when Big Tigger hosted Rap City. The show that was an homage to everything hip-hop, from breaking artists to established stars, a far cry from today’s shows about groupies who “marry” athletes. But if Rap City were still around, I know they’d have the good sense to play Sheek Louch’s new single, Party After 2, featuring the D-Blocker’s fellow Def Jam signee and Birthday Sex inventor Jeremih. On the beat Phonix provides an uptempo, sample-driven cut with harmonious pianos, on which Jeremih builds a very mellow, lush and catchy chorus and bridge. Longtime Sheek fans will certainly be reminded of 2008’s Good Love, although here Mr. Louch gives the song a more relaxed feel, telling the story of a luxurious after-party and, of course, the after-after-party. We’re a long way from his last Booth offering, This Is Hip-Hop, but the man’s been nothing if not versatile for years. You can rest assured that Sheek will be throwing one hell of a late night party on December 14, when the release of his upcoming album Donnie G will hopefully provide reason to celebrate.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Down South ft. Sheek Louch & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.