Sometimes I reminisce on the days when Big Tigger hosted Rap City. The show that was an homage to everything hip-hop, from breaking artists to established stars, a far cry from today’s shows about groupies who “marry” athletes. But if Rap City were still around, I know they’d have the good sense to play Sheek Louch’s new single, Party After 2, featuring the D-Blocker’s fellow Def Jam signee and Birthday Sex inventor Jeremih. On the beat Phonix provides an uptempo, sample-driven cut with harmonious pianos, on which Jeremih builds a very mellow, lush and catchy chorus and bridge. Longtime Sheek fans will certainly be reminded of 2008’s Good Love, although here Mr. Louch gives the song a more relaxed feel, telling the story of a luxurious after-party and, of course, the after-after-party. We’re a long way from his last Booth offering, This Is Hip-Hop, but the man’s been nothing if not versatile for years. You can rest assured that Sheek will be throwing one hell of a late night party on December 14, when the release of his upcoming album Donnie G will hopefully provide reason to celebrate.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Down South ft. Sheek Louch & Rick Ross" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.