Sometimes I reminisce on the days when Big Tigger hosted Rap City. The show that was an homage to everything hip-hop, from breaking artists to established stars, a far cry from today’s shows about groupies who “marry” athletes. But if Rap City were still around, I know they’d have the good sense to play Sheek Louch’s new single, Party After 2, featuring the D-Blocker’s fellow Def Jam signee and Birthday Sex inventor Jeremih. On the beat Phonix provides an uptempo, sample-driven cut with harmonious pianos, on which Jeremih builds a very mellow, lush and catchy chorus and bridge. Longtime Sheek fans will certainly be reminded of 2008’s Good Love, although here Mr. Louch gives the song a more relaxed feel, telling the story of a luxurious after-party and, of course, the after-after-party. We’re a long way from his last Booth offering, This Is Hip-Hop, but the man’s been nothing if not versatile for years. You can rest assured that Sheek will be throwing one hell of a late night party on December 14, when the release of his upcoming album Donnie G will hopefully provide reason to celebrate.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 11/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Down South ft. Sheek Louch & Rick Ross" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)