Nine out of ten nationally-known rappers started out very short on money, but through hard work and determination made it out of their unpleasant early settings. Living proof of such a possibility is D-Block‘s Sheek Louch, who definitely knows about the rags-to-riches journey, and hopes to motivate others to Keep Pushin’ towards their goals. Singer Mike Smith masters the song’s hook (his “You gotta keep pushin’” could easily catch on), and producer Marcus D’Tray’s organ-synth backing could easily be mistaken for a Cool & Dre beat. Keep Pushin’ is the official second single from Sheek’s third album, Silverback Gorilla, which is currently available on store shelves and online.
Written by Burmy on 05/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Down South ft. Sheek Louch & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.