Nine out of ten nationally-known rappers started out very short on money, but through hard work and determination made it out of their unpleasant early settings. Living proof of such a possibility is D-Block‘s Sheek Louch, who definitely knows about the rags-to-riches journey, and hopes to motivate others to Keep Pushin’ towards their goals. Singer Mike Smith masters the song’s hook (his “You gotta keep pushin’” could easily catch on), and producer Marcus D’Tray’s organ-synth backing could easily be mistaken for a Cool & Dre beat. Keep Pushin’ is the official second single from Sheek’s third album, Silverback Gorilla, which is currently available on store shelves and online.
Written by Burmy on 05/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Down South ft. Sheek Louch & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.