Nine out of ten nationally-known rappers started out very short on money, but through hard work and determination made it out of their unpleasant early settings. Living proof of such a possibility is D-Block‘s Sheek Louch, who definitely knows about the rags-to-riches journey, and hopes to motivate others to Keep Pushin’ towards their goals. Singer Mike Smith masters the song’s hook (his “You gotta keep pushin’” could easily catch on), and producer Marcus D’Tray’s organ-synth backing could easily be mistaken for a Cool & Dre beat. Keep Pushin’ is the official second single from Sheek’s third album, Silverback Gorilla, which is currently available on store shelves and online.
Written by Burmy on 05/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Down South ft. Sheek Louch & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.