As anyone who’s flipped on the news lately knows, human irrationality knows no bounds. Whenever it seems like the world can’t get any crazier, someone always comes along to up the ante – hell, at the rate we’re going, even Glenn Beck might start to seem sane in a few years’ time. Here to help us make sense of it all is Booth newcomer Shayna Love, with the world premiere of unreleased cut Each and Everyday. The ever-innovative Chris Mathien mans the boards, cooking up a reggae-informed blend of swirling synths and reggae-informed rhythms as the U.S. Virgin Islands-bred, Chicago-based singer delivers a soulful reality check; sidestepping political divides, she invites listeners to take a long, hard look at the injustices occurring daily in Third-World countries and American cities alike. As addictive and catchy as its subject matter is weighty, Everyday will likely leave lovers of left-of-center pop craving more. If that sounds like you, keep it locked for the latest on Shayna Love’s yet-untitled full-length, which has yet to receive either a title or release date.
Written by richard on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.