As anyone who’s flipped on the news lately knows, human irrationality knows no bounds. Whenever it seems like the world can’t get any crazier, someone always comes along to up the ante – hell, at the rate we’re going, even Glenn Beck might start to seem sane in a few years’ time. Here to help us make sense of it all is Booth newcomer Shayna Love, with the world premiere of unreleased cut Each and Everyday. The ever-innovative Chris Mathien mans the boards, cooking up a reggae-informed blend of swirling synths and reggae-informed rhythms as the U.S. Virgin Islands-bred, Chicago-based singer delivers a soulful reality check; sidestepping political divides, she invites listeners to take a long, hard look at the injustices occurring daily in Third-World countries and American cities alike. As addictive and catchy as its subject matter is weighty, Everyday will likely leave lovers of left-of-center pop craving more. If that sounds like you, keep it locked for the latest on Shayna Love’s yet-untitled full-length, which has yet to receive either a title or release date.
Written by richard on 12/16/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.