Even though the Jewish holiday of Passover has come to an end for 2014, you can still wish Booth newcomer, and newest signee to Dim Mak Records, ShayGray, “Mazal Tov!” On his latest single, titled after the Yiddish expression for “Congratulations,” it sounds like Shay woke up after a Hangover kind of night with a wedding ring and post party excuses, then went straight to the studio to record. Great stories ensue. The Los Angeles emcee by way of Tel Aviv strings multiple rhymes together, simulating the blur of a night that was spent killing off as many of his brain cells as possible. (Sounds like my kind of party.) With its robotic melody, Tiago‘s production work sounds like a locked bonus round in Tetris, adding a sense of urgency to the headliner’s frenetic flow. The festivities continue on ShayGray’s upcoming EP, Hipster Hype, due out May 27.
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hipster Hype" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.