Even though the Jewish holiday of Passover has come to an end for 2014, you can still wish Booth newcomer, and newest signee to Dim Mak Records, ShayGray, “Mazal Tov!” On his latest single, titled after the Yiddish expression for “Congratulations,” it sounds like Shay woke up after a Hangover kind of night with a wedding ring and post party excuses, then went straight to the studio to record. Great stories ensue. The Los Angeles emcee by way of Tel Aviv strings multiple rhymes together, simulating the blur of a night that was spent killing off as many of his brain cells as possible. (Sounds like my kind of party.) With its robotic melody, Tiago‘s production work sounds like a locked bonus round in Tetris, adding a sense of urgency to the headliner’s frenetic flow. The festivities continue on ShayGray’s upcoming EP, Hipster Hype, due out May 27.
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hipster Hype" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.