ShayGray‘s latest project is just a day old, but he’s already over it. Introduced to our pages with April’s Mazal Tov, the Tel Aviv phenom does his best impression of a tragically hip twentysomething on Hipster Hype, a standout cut (and the title track) off the aforementioned set. Backed by Dan Farber‘s sliced and diced string samples, Shay touts his underground tastes and his infallible knowledge of the latest trends. On the hook, he taunts those who aren’t on the cutting edge of music and fashion: “I’m just saying, I did all that way before it was cool.” Featuring this satirical jam and much more, the Hipster Hype EP hit iTunes on Tuesday; better cop it now, before it gets too popular!
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mazal Tov" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.