ShayGray‘s latest project is just a day old, but he’s already over it. Introduced to our pages with April’s Mazal Tov, the Tel Aviv phenom does his best impression of a tragically hip twentysomething on Hipster Hype, a standout cut (and the title track) off the aforementioned set. Backed by Dan Farber‘s sliced and diced string samples, Shay touts his underground tastes and his infallible knowledge of the latest trends. On the hook, he taunts those who aren’t on the cutting edge of music and fashion: “I’m just saying, I did all that way before it was cool.” Featuring this satirical jam and much more, the Hipster Hype EP hit iTunes on Tuesday; better cop it now, before it gets too popular!
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mazal Tov" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)