ShayGray‘s latest project is just a day old, but he’s already over it. Introduced to our pages with April’s Mazal Tov, the Tel Aviv phenom does his best impression of a tragically hip twentysomething on Hipster Hype, a standout cut (and the title track) off the aforementioned set. Backed by Dan Farber‘s sliced and diced string samples, Shay touts his underground tastes and his infallible knowledge of the latest trends. On the hook, he taunts those who aren’t on the cutting edge of music and fashion: “I’m just saying, I did all that way before it was cool.” Featuring this satirical jam and much more, the Hipster Hype EP hit iTunes on Tuesday; better cop it now, before it gets too popular!
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mazal Tov" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.