ShayGray‘s latest project is just a day old, but he’s already over it. Introduced to our pages with April’s Mazal Tov, the Tel Aviv phenom does his best impression of a tragically hip twentysomething on Hipster Hype, a standout cut (and the title track) off the aforementioned set. Backed by Dan Farber‘s sliced and diced string samples, Shay touts his underground tastes and his infallible knowledge of the latest trends. On the hook, he taunts those who aren’t on the cutting edge of music and fashion: “I’m just saying, I did all that way before it was cool.” Featuring this satirical jam and much more, the Hipster Hype EP hit iTunes on Tuesday; better cop it now, before it gets too popular!
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mazal Tov" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)