ShayGray‘s latest project is just a day old, but he’s already over it. Introduced to our pages with April’s Mazal Tov, the Tel Aviv phenom does his best impression of a tragically hip twentysomething on Hipster Hype, a standout cut (and the title track) off the aforementioned set. Backed by Dan Farber‘s sliced and diced string samples, Shay touts his underground tastes and his infallible knowledge of the latest trends. On the hook, he taunts those who aren’t on the cutting edge of music and fashion: “I’m just saying, I did all that way before it was cool.” Featuring this satirical jam and much more, the Hipster Hype EP hit iTunes on Tuesday; better cop it now, before it gets too popular!
Written by richard on 06/4/14
Submit your Rating
Dim Mak Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mazal Tov" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.