If there is one thing that Carlos Walker (better known as Shawty Lo) knows, it’s how to craft a hit. With Southern anthem Dey Know and the infectious Foolish, the emcee proved his knack for turning out chart-smashers, and his latest single may well become number three. The newly-selected cut finds Lo teaming up with self-proclaimed “Radio Killa” and hookman extraordinaire The-Dream to pay tribute to their shared hometown, Atlanta, GA. Not to be outdone, cameo king Ludacris jumps on board to defend ATL (and the South as a whole) in a characteristically hard-hitting guest verse, before giving way to Gucci Mane for cleanup duties. Produced by Ensayne Wayne, this hometown anthem is a tantalizing glimpse of the more personal direction Shawty Lo will take on his much-delayed forthcoming sophomore set, I Am Carlos.
Written by Rakeem on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dey Know" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.