If there is one thing that Carlos Walker (better known as Shawty Lo) knows, it’s how to craft a hit. With Southern anthem Dey Know and the infectious Foolish, the emcee proved his knack for turning out chart-smashers, and his latest single may well become number three. The newly-selected cut finds Lo teaming up with self-proclaimed “Radio Killa” and hookman extraordinaire The-Dream to pay tribute to their shared hometown, Atlanta, GA. Not to be outdone, cameo king Ludacris jumps on board to defend ATL (and the South as a whole) in a characteristically hard-hitting guest verse, before giving way to Gucci Mane for cleanup duties. Produced by Ensayne Wayne, this hometown anthem is a tantalizing glimpse of the more personal direction Shawty Lo will take on his much-delayed forthcoming sophomore set, I Am Carlos.
Written by Rakeem on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dey Know" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.