If there is one thing that Carlos Walker (better known as Shawty Lo) knows, it’s how to craft a hit. With Southern anthem Dey Know and the infectious Foolish, the emcee proved his knack for turning out chart-smashers, and his latest single may well become number three. The newly-selected cut finds Lo teaming up with self-proclaimed “Radio Killa” and hookman extraordinaire The-Dream to pay tribute to their shared hometown, Atlanta, GA. Not to be outdone, cameo king Ludacris jumps on board to defend ATL (and the South as a whole) in a characteristically hard-hitting guest verse, before giving way to Gucci Mane for cleanup duties. Produced by Ensayne Wayne, this hometown anthem is a tantalizing glimpse of the more personal direction Shawty Lo will take on his much-delayed forthcoming sophomore set, I Am Carlos.
Written by Rakeem on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dey Know" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.