If there is one thing that Carlos Walker (better known as Shawty Lo) knows, it’s how to craft a hit. With Southern anthem Dey Know and the infectious Foolish, the emcee proved his knack for turning out chart-smashers, and his latest single may well become number three. The newly-selected cut finds Lo teaming up with self-proclaimed “Radio Killa” and hookman extraordinaire The-Dream to pay tribute to their shared hometown, Atlanta, GA. Not to be outdone, cameo king Ludacris jumps on board to defend ATL (and the South as a whole) in a characteristically hard-hitting guest verse, before giving way to Gucci Mane for cleanup duties. Produced by Ensayne Wayne, this hometown anthem is a tantalizing glimpse of the more personal direction Shawty Lo will take on his much-delayed forthcoming sophomore set, I Am Carlos.
Written by Rakeem on 08/23/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dey Know" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.