If there is one thing that Carlos Walker (better known as Shawty Lo) knows, it’s how to craft a hit. With Southern anthem Dey Know and the infectious Foolish, the emcee proved his knack for turning out chart-smashers, and his latest single may well become number three. The newly-selected cut finds Lo teaming up with self-proclaimed “Radio Killa” and hookman extraordinaire The-Dream to pay tribute to their shared hometown, Atlanta, GA. Not to be outdone, cameo king Ludacris jumps on board to defend ATL (and the South as a whole) in a characteristically hard-hitting guest verse, before giving way to Gucci Mane for cleanup duties. Produced by Ensayne Wayne, this hometown anthem is a tantalizing glimpse of the more personal direction Shawty Lo will take on his much-delayed forthcoming sophomore set, I Am Carlos.
Written by Rakeem on 08/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dey Know" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.