Credited with creating snap music in ‘06, rapper Shawty Lo has strayed from the once-popular musical fad since his solo career began to flourish earlier this year. The 27 year-old Atlanta emcee released Units in The City in February, and has sought commercial fame with Dey Know, his anthemic shout-out to haters. Searching for that same success, the raspy-voiced d-boy is back with the Foolish (Remix), which finds him teaming up with fellow Atlantan DJ Montay for production, and getting contributions from Baby, Jim Jones, Rick Ross, and the self-proclaimed maestro of hood music, DJ Khaled. Shawty Lo’s slow flow is recognizable in contrast with his counterparts on this melodic track, but it would be Foolish to think this remix won’t bump everywhere it’s played.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dey Know" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.