Although Shawty Lo‘s album, Units in the City, has been available for roughly two months, it has not yet sold 100k copies as of this feature posting (due in part to various unenthusiastic reviews, including the 1.5-rated schooling from our very own Nathan S.). Rather than give up on promotion, however, the D4L founder/CEO just says “Big up to all my haters” and drops his fourth single. Perfectly in line with what people would expect from L-O, Foolish and its lyrics are nothing to write home about, but the beat is strong enough to get people’s attention (props to DJ Montay, who once again delivers). For those who care, Units in the City is in stores now.
Written by Burmy on 04/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dey Know" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.