When longtime reader fave Shawn Chrystopher speaks, DJBooth.net listens. Shockingly, though, there are some who simply refuse to heed his words – as the Inglewood native (and exclusive freestyle series alum) puts it on this new, unreleased track, “I try and told ‘em, They Ain’t Wanna Hear Me.” That, needless to say, is their loss; the rest of us will undoubtedly find Cameron Wallace‘s sparse, reverb-drenched boardwork too ear-catching to ignore. On the lyrical tip, Chrys comes with a blend of braggadocious wordplay and free-association that’s equally worthy of note: “This lil’ boy too nuts, balls, scrotum / See, I be sky-high wi-fi user modem.” Do you wanna hear more from this West Coast buzzmaker? Keep it locked – though this cut isn’t slated for inclusion on any forthcoming project, he is currently preparing to drop a new single, All the Other Kids. In the meantime, those who haven’t already, can check out his Booth-sponsored The Audition EP, available for free streaming and download here.
Written by richard on 05/16/10
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.