It’s amazing the lengths to which some men will go to show the special ladies in their life that they love them. Some men buy bouquets of flowers, some men take their women out to fancy dinners. Some men even take nine months out of their lives to produce lame videos in hopes of winning back their beloveds’ hearts. Shawn Chrystopher, however, has topped them all—he gathered the whole Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra onto the front lawn of his girlfriend’s tiny Art Nouveau house to woo her with song. On newly-released single Untitled, Shawn spits earnest rhymes about the one girl in his life he wants to spend the rest of it with, and it’s enough to make even the most jaded crack a smile. Chrystopher’s heartfelt flow races through his own synth string-and-flute beat like a man dashing through the airport to profess his love for a Europe-bound crush. Maybe his overtures are a bit much, but you have to admit that this record’s a better Valentine’s Day gift than that Hershey’s bar and fake carnation you gave your girlfriend this year. If Untitled succeeds in melting your heart, be sure to pick up a copy of the emcee’s A City With No Seasons LP when it drops August 8th.
Listen to More: Shawn Chrystopher
Written by Dr. D on 06/25/09
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.