It’s amazing the lengths to which some men will go to show the special ladies in their life that they love them. Some men buy bouquets of flowers, some men take their women out to fancy dinners. Some men even take nine months out of their lives to produce lame videos in hopes of winning back their beloveds’ hearts. Shawn Chrystopher, however, has topped them all—he gathered the whole Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra onto the front lawn of his girlfriend’s tiny Art Nouveau house to woo her with song. On newly-released single Untitled, Shawn spits earnest rhymes about the one girl in his life he wants to spend the rest of it with, and it’s enough to make even the most jaded crack a smile. Chrystopher’s heartfelt flow races through his own synth string-and-flute beat like a man dashing through the airport to profess his love for a Europe-bound crush. Maybe his overtures are a bit much, but you have to admit that this record’s a better Valentine’s Day gift than that Hershey’s bar and fake carnation you gave your girlfriend this year. If Untitled succeeds in melting your heart, be sure to pick up a copy of the emcee’s A City With No Seasons LP when it drops August 8th.
Written by Dr. D on 06/25/09
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)