It’s amazing the lengths to which some men will go to show the special ladies in their life that they love them. Some men buy bouquets of flowers, some men take their women out to fancy dinners. Some men even take nine months out of their lives to produce lame videos in hopes of winning back their beloveds’ hearts. Shawn Chrystopher, however, has topped them all—he gathered the whole Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra onto the front lawn of his girlfriend’s tiny Art Nouveau house to woo her with song. On newly-released single Untitled, Shawn spits earnest rhymes about the one girl in his life he wants to spend the rest of it with, and it’s enough to make even the most jaded crack a smile. Chrystopher’s heartfelt flow races through his own synth string-and-flute beat like a man dashing through the airport to profess his love for a Europe-bound crush. Maybe his overtures are a bit much, but you have to admit that this record’s a better Valentine’s Day gift than that Hershey’s bar and fake carnation you gave your girlfriend this year. If Untitled succeeds in melting your heart, be sure to pick up a copy of the emcee’s A City With No Seasons LP when it drops August 8th.
Listen to More: Shawn Chrystopher
Written by Dr. D on 06/25/09
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.