It’s amazing the lengths to which some men will go to show the special ladies in their life that they love them. Some men buy bouquets of flowers, some men take their women out to fancy dinners. Some men even take nine months out of their lives to produce lame videos in hopes of winning back their beloveds’ hearts. Shawn Chrystopher, however, has topped them all—he gathered the whole Los Angeles Symphony Orchestra onto the front lawn of his girlfriend’s tiny Art Nouveau house to woo her with song. On newly-released single Untitled, Shawn spits earnest rhymes about the one girl in his life he wants to spend the rest of it with, and it’s enough to make even the most jaded crack a smile. Chrystopher’s heartfelt flow races through his own synth string-and-flute beat like a man dashing through the airport to profess his love for a Europe-bound crush. Maybe his overtures are a bit much, but you have to admit that this record’s a better Valentine’s Day gift than that Hershey’s bar and fake carnation you gave your girlfriend this year. If Untitled succeeds in melting your heart, be sure to pick up a copy of the emcee’s A City With No Seasons LP when it drops August 8th.
Written by Dr. D on 06/25/09
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.