Once a regular fixture in the Booth, Shawn Chrystopher has been absent from our pages since the July 2012 release of his lovestory mixtape. Today, the Los Angeles native breaks his silence with Minding My Business, a pensive new single off his similarly-titled freshman full-length. The opening line, “She wanna f**k, I don’t give one,” sets the tone for this low-key joint, which finds Chrys reflecting on his day-to-day hustle and the world around him in verses dripping with ennui. Despite the disaffected vibe, his bars remain on point, and the sampled instrumental backdrop (produced by the artist himself) is suitably moody and atmospheric. The Lovestory LP, Shawn Chrystopher’s debut studio album, is scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date this summer. Stay tuned for more fresh cuts off the project, as well as the latest release details.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Submit your Rating
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)