Once a regular fixture in the Booth, Shawn Chrystopher has been absent from our pages since the July 2012 release of his lovestory mixtape. Today, the Los Angeles native breaks his silence with Minding My Business, a pensive new single off his similarly-titled freshman full-length. The opening line, “She wanna f**k, I don’t give one,” sets the tone for this low-key joint, which finds Chrys reflecting on his day-to-day hustle and the world around him in verses dripping with ennui. Despite the disaffected vibe, his bars remain on point, and the sampled instrumental backdrop (produced by the artist himself) is suitably moody and atmospheric. The Lovestory LP, Shawn Chrystopher’s debut studio album, is scheduled to drop at a yet-undetermined date this summer. Stay tuned for more fresh cuts off the project, as well as the latest release details.
Written by richard on 05/8/13
Honour Role Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.